Friday 25 January 2008

Image transfer

After finding some great digital images at http://piddix.etsy.com/
I decided to have a go at image transfering.



The one on the left was using a thin laye of liquid fimo on top of some white fimo, and the one on the right was just white fimo.
Both images were printed onto t shirt transfer paper, the clay and the transfer paper were put into my oven for about 7 minutes then taken out, so I could peel the paper away. The clay and the image were then returned to the oven for another 25 minutes.
Both the images came out quite well and the colours were really vibrant. The texture of the paper left it's mark on the image, so I tried sanding it. The image seemed to stand up quite well to the samding although it made little difference to the texture. A slight difference was noted in the vibrancy of the image colours.
In the future I am going to try applying a coat of clear varnish to the image instead and eliminate the need for sanding and polishing.

1 comment:

piddix said...

I love how those turned out.