Sunday 13 July 2008

Interview with Gail of polkadotandpersian

1. Tell us a little about yourself and when did you start crafting?


I have always loved making and drawing, I loved making cakes out of Fimo when I was a kid. I also had huge collection of beads and making earrings and bracelets was a big hobby. I always planned to go to art college, and for as long as I can remember I wanted to study jewellery design. Which I did, at Edinburgh College of Art. I LOVED it so much and would go back and do it all again if I could. I graduated in 1999 which seems so long ago when I type it out, but it feels like yesterday. After college I exhibited in galleries throughout the UK for a few years but eventually the lure of the wage got me and I started working full time in a proper job, and I stopped be so active making jewellery. Then about 2 years ago I got sick of it, and left my job to train as an aromatherapist. So now I am working part time and doing massage and jewellery part time. I'm skint most of the time and it's hard workbeing self employed twice over, but I have never been happier!

2. What do you sell in your etsy shop and how long has it been open?


I sell jewellery and it has been open since February I think, though I have been a Etsy member for over a year now.

3. What is your favourite item in your shop?


My flower ribbon chokers.

4. What other craft would you like to try?


Dress making. I used to make a clothes for myself when I was at school, and would love to get back into it. I can never find things I love so to be able to make them would be such fun. But I think I have enough on my plate so that will have to go on the back burner for now!

5. Do you have a blog or website?

Yes!http://polkadotandperisan.blogspot.com/Another thing I have got addicited to recently.... it started as a blog about my work, but now it's a place where I chat about my life and things I love.

No comments: