Monday 23 June 2008

Featured seller - Kate from katecronin72

This weeks featured UK etsy seller is Kate from katecronin72

1. Tell us a little about yourself and when did you start crafting?

I'm nearly 36 (that thought makes me want to faint!) and have just graduated from University with a BSc though I will probably be going back in September to do my Master's. I started crafting about 10 years ago after teaching myself cross stitch and embroidery, though cross stitch won the day really :)


2. What do you sell in your etsy shop and how long has it been open?

I sell cross stitched items in my shop, mainly bookmarks, needlecases, scissorfobs,purses and spectacle cases etc. I like practical things and at the moment I'm working through my huge stash of kits in the hope that I can get round to designing my own things. My etsy shop has been open since the end of March 2008 and I've been selling since the 6th of April this year. So far it's going quite well!

3. What is your favourite item in your shop?

Ooo that's a toughie! I think my favourite is probably the Orange Blossom needlecase and scissorfob set, although it was hard to stitch and I did get fed up with it as the colours are quite similar.
4. What other craft would you like to try?

There are so many other crafts I'd like to try! I'd love to get the hang of crochet, I've been trying for years but so far it's not been a roaring success. I'd also love to try silversmithing and make my own jewellery too.

5. Do you have a blog or website?

I don't have a website but my blog can be found at http://katecronin72.blogspot.com/ . I tend to feature people that I've bought from, though I have no clue if anyone actually reads my mitherings or not :)


Thanks Kate you have one of my favourite shops and I wish you luck!

1 comment:

Bigbluebed said...

Beautiful work Kate.