Sunday 15 June 2008

Interview with Alexandra of bigbluebed

This week it's the turn of Alexandra from bigbluebed to be interviewed.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and when did you start crafting.
I am mother of a little girl. I work part-time at an after school club. That leaves the mornings for me to work on my shop.
Crafting has always been a part of my life. My mother taught my sisters and me to sew and knit, and my father used to draw funny little pictures for us.
It is only really in the last six months that I started in earnest, thinking of crafts as something that I could do as a business.
Also I made lots of Christmas presents for family members and really enjoyed that. But this year I am going to start a lot earlier!

2. What do you sell in your etsy shop and how long has it been open?
I have quite an eclectic shop. I did worry that that might be a problem so we will have to see. I have some purses, some knitted brooches, some paper work like bookmarks, and recently added dog identity tags. I opened the shop in September 2007.

3. What is your favourite item in your shop?
I love the little zip purses, I designed the shape and eventually worked out how to put the zip in properly. So I am quite proud of those. I have also started making dog tags. I have sold one on etsy, and 3 to my sister for each of her dogs. I think they are fairly unique as I have not seen anything like them on etsy or elsewhere.




4. What other craft would you like to try?
There are so many I would love to try. I started crochet this year, also I want to try tatting. I used to make bobbin lace so wouldn't mind taking that up again some time.



5. Do you have a blog or website?
My blog is : http://www.bigbluebed.blogspot.com/
and my website is: http://bigbluebed.weebly.com/






Thanks for your time Alexandra and I hope you get time to try out some new interests.


Another UK seller next week!

No comments: